Rabbi Jacob Rosner
Rabbi Jacob has been the personable and dynamic spiritual leader of Congregation Or Shalom since 2010. Time and again, he has proven himself to be a skilled communicator; a dedicated teacher of children, adolescents, and adults; and a Rabbi who brings ruach and joy to our davening.
In addition to his Hassidic upbringing, Rabbi Jacob has drawn inspiration from his active involvement in the Havurah/Renewal Movement. Accordingly, his accomplishments include:
- Teaching and tutoring Bar and Bat Mitzvah classes — and encouraging Hebrew School graduates to continue their lay participation in services
- Proactively reaching out to intermarried couples, while pursuing conversions
- Conducting a Jewish wedding — telecast internationally by CNN News — for nine couples from the former Soviet Union
- Presiding over a Hanukkah program broadcast by the CBC across Canada
- Establishing an outreach program for local immigrants from the former Soviet Union
A tireless tikkun olam leader, Rabbi Jacob has represented the Jewish community at interfaith events, and created an original service to mark the birthday of Dr. Martin Luther King. He has also spearheaded relief efforts supporting Japanese and Haitian Earthquake victims, Caribbean hurricane refugees, victims of the war in Rwanda, people living with HIV/AIDS, and the families of those killed in the September 11, 2001 attacks.
Away from the Bimah, Rabbi Jacob is a frequent guest speaker and lecturer in Virginia, New Hampshire, Massachusetts, Canada, Pennsylvania, and Delaware. He is fluent in Hebrew and Yiddish.
Rabbi Jacob At-A-Glance
Jewish Theological Seminary, New York
- Honorary Doctorate (2011)
- Ordination and Master of Arts (1981)
Telshe Yeshiva, Cleveland
- Yeshiva with a concentration in Classical Rabbinical Texts
- AB, Jewish Studies (1983)
- MBA, Accounting and Information Systems (1983)
Life member of Hadassah; Keynote speaker at 2001 conference